Australian Anglers Association, (WA Division) Inc.
Sunsmart Mandurah 500 Family Fishing Promotion,
11/12 January 2003:- Information Sheet.
Printed copies of the "Information Sheet" will be distributed in early December and
the details in that printed version will apply if there are any differences.
Australian Anglers Association (WA Division) Inc. in conjunction with Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club Inc.
presents the SunSmart MANDURAH 500 Family Fishing Promotion.
Sponsored by Healthway and City of Mandurah
Get ready for the promotion by attending the
Mandurah Shore Based Angling Clinic on Wednesday 8 January.
|Open Division Prize||$1,000|
|Ladies Division Prize||$500|
|Juniors Division Prize (under 16)||$500|
There are also valuable prizes for the heaviest of species caught by Open, Ladies and Junior entrants.
Registration & Sign On: At Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Clubhouse from 10:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday, January 11, 2003.
Registration Fees: Open:- $12 Ladies:- $12 Junior: (under 16) $6
Ladies and Juniors may enter into the Open division, and must nominate that division at the time of registration.
Ladies / Juniors who enter in the Open Division WILL NOT be eligible for the Ladies / Junior Prizes.
Lines Down: Entrants may commence fishing as soon as they have registered.
Weigh in: Commences at 10:00am on Sunday, January 12 at Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club.
All fish bags must be in the weigh-in area before 10:00am.
Prize Presentations: Will commence immediately after declaration of first species winner and continue until all prize winners are declared.
Species: The following species only shall be eligible for weighing in and prizes in this promotion.
1. Flathead or Flounder,
2. Bream or Tarwhine,
Boundaries: The southern boundary is located approximately 10 kilometres south of the Preston Beach turn off. The northern boundary is located at the northern end of the northern car park at Golden Bay. Anglers are permitted to fish in all waters open to recreational angling within the nominated boundaries. This includes all estuarine waters within the boundaries.
Boats: Shall NOT be used. Only shore based angling is permitted in this promotion.
Rules of the Day: Copies of the Rules of the Day are provided to all entrants at Sign On.
Special Prizes and Major Prize Draw
Only the listed species shall be eligible for prizes in this promotion.
1. The names of the nominated species shall be placed in separate individually sealed envelopes in full view of the entrants at the weigh-in.
2. The envelopes shall be placed in a container and drawn at random to be placed on a board in full view of the entrants present at the weigh-in.
3. An entrant shall be asked to select an envelope from the board and hand it to the officer conducting the weigh-in. The envelope shall be opened in full view and the species declared.
4. All entrants having captured a fish of that species will be asked to present their capture to the weigh-master.
5. Once all entrants have presented their fish, the heaviest shall be declared the winner of that species.
6. The next envelope shall be selected at random and that species declared. This will continue until the last envelope is drawn from the board.
7. The heaviest fish of the final declared species presented for weigh-in by an Open entrant shall be awarded the Open Prize. The heaviest fish presented by a Lady entrant shall be awarded the Ladies Prize. The heaviest fish presented by a Junior entrant shall be awarded the Junior Prize.
8. In the event that no fish of a declared species are presented for weigh-in, then the prize for that species shall be awarded to the second heaviest fish of the previous species weighed. In the event that no fish of the first nominated species declared are presented for weigh-in, then the prize for that species shall be awarded to the second heaviest of the next nominated species.
9. Entrants may be asked to present their Sign-On forms when weighing-in any fish.
See the Mandurah 500 Rules of the Day for the rules which will apply to the 2003 event.
Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club Inc.
Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club has kindly offered the use of its premises from which to conduct this event. The Clubhouse will be open to participants on Sunday, January 12 only.
All entrants will have limited access to the Club facilities through temporary membership for the day.
The Club bar will be opened on Sunday at a time to be notified on the day.
Dress regulations apply for entry to the Clubhouse. No hats, singlets, or tank tops are permitted inside the club. Appropriate footwear is required. Thongs are not permitted.
No cleaning of fish, or dumping of fish offal is permitted within the Club grounds or areas adjacent to the Club.
No bait or fish offal is to be placed in rubbish bins within the Club grounds.
There will be a sausage sizzle in the Club grounds on Sunday, January 12 at the weigh-in.
SLIP ON A SHIRT -- SLOP ON SUNSCREEN -- SLAP ON A HAT
ENTRANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE SUNSMART
Email this page to a friend. Get Help about emailing web pages
Copyright © 2002 Australian Anglers Association, (WA Division) Inc.
Please contact us if there are any problems with this site.
This page last updated 9 January 2003.