Australian Anglers Association, (WA Division) Inc.
2005/2006 State Estuary Championships
The State Estuary Fishing Championships for 2005/2006 was held in the Mandurah Peel Inlet and the rivers that flow into it on Saturday and Sunday, 26/27 November, 2005, for teams of club members and for individual club members from clubs affiliated with AAA.
All the details of individual results are listed in Full individual results.
All the details of team results are listed in Full team results.
Some adjustments were made to the heaviest of species list because not all species on the list were caught.
Patron's Cup was won by Melville Amateur Angling Club
This event was run under the following:-
Rules of The Day
For 2005/6 State Estuary Championships on Saturday 26/Sunday 27 November, 2005.
Headquarters: Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club
Boundaries: All waters inside the Peel and Harvey Inlets and the Serpentine and Murray Rivers from a line drawn across the groynes at the Dawesville Cut and at the old estuary entrance. Fishing in the ocean, outside of the groynes is not permitted.
Registration: Between 11am to 12 noon Saturday 26 November, 2005. Compulsory registration at this location between the nominated times is a requirement. Note that the organisers can make other arrangements for any participants who cannot be present at this time if organised prior to the event. Enquiries to the sub committee chairman.
Briefing: By a written set of Rules of the Day, issued at the time of registration.
Lines Down:- 2 pm Saturday 26 November, 2005.
Weigh in: 10am Sunday 27 November, 2005.
1. All competitors must be registered as individuals on the individual registration form (20 kilobyte pdf file.)
2. Clubs may nominate up to two teams in each category by completing the team nomination form (18 kilobyte pdf file.) These forms must be submitted prior to registration close. No separate fee is required.
3. Team numbers are:
· mens: up to seven competitors with the best six scores counted
· all other teams: up to four competitors with the best three scores counted.
4. Individual entry fees:
· mens and ladies $10.00
· veterans, juniors and mini juniors $5.00
5. Ages for categories
· veterans: over 55 on the 1st August, 2005
· juniors: under 16 on the 1st August, 2005
· mini juniors: under 12 on the 1st August, 2005
Condition of Fish for Weighing:
1. Any fish presented for weighing that are rotten, badly deteriorated or generally in an unfit state shall not be eligible for weighing. Fish must be whole and clean.
Fish MUST be presented for weighing in either: (a) Natural fibre bags, such as hessian or cloth, preferably in an esky with ice OR (b) Open weave bags such as dive or onion bags, and MUST be in an esky with ice.
Fish that are not presented in accordance with (a) or (b) will be disqualified. Fish presented in plastic film bags (such as chain store or rubbish) or woven plastic or fibreglass bags will be disqualified.
3. Fish that have their necks broken will be pushed back into original shape and must be 1cm longer than the listed minimum size..
Bag Limits and Point Scoring:
1. Catch limits for any particular species must not exceed the Fisheries Department one day limit.
2. The number of fish to be weighed-in by a competitor cannot exceed 8 (eight) of any one species (or the State Fisheries Department one day limits). The total bag limit must not exceed a total of 50 (fifty).
3. Competition points will be awarded as follows:
· 1 point per fish
· 4 points per kilogram
· 10 points per listed species, see separate List of Eligible Species (24 kilobyte PDF file.)
Trophies and Prizes
1. Trophies will be awarded to the winners and runners up in all individual and team categories
2. Heaviest of species prizes will be awarded for heaviest of: Black Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Tailor, Mulloway, Pilch (yellow eyed mullet), Herring. If some of these are not caught, then the reserves are Tarwhine and Garfish.
An information booklet for the 2005/6 Estuary Championships (1,088 kilobyte PDF file) has been prepared with all information about the championships. This single sided A4 web version has a different page layout to the double sided folded A5 printed version which has been distributed to clubs and members.
Email this page to a friend. Get Help about emailing web pages